A second round of shots using Fuji Reala 500D film.
This time I changed the development slightly from my first attempt. I push processed the film by a stop by increasing development time by an additional 25% and I slightly increased the development temperature to 40°C.
The scans still had a bluish-green cast, so white balancing in post process was necessary.
Overall I thought that the photos turned out well, though some were more skewed yellow. That’s probably more of a problem with my color correction post processing than the film. I suppose that I should start taking shots of my grey card to really make sure that I get the correct while balance later, but it does have a nice effect for portraits.
One thing I did notice this time around was that the grain structure was tighter. More pleasing this time than last.
One thing to try out next time is to decrease the amount of time the film is soaking in the rem-jet removal solution. Right now I’m soaking it for 5 minutes, but it seems like the rem-jet comes off pretty easily. I will try cutting that time to 2.5 minutes and see if all of the rem-jet is still removed. My hope is that reducing the soak time will not adversely affect the dyes in the film as much and to speed up development.
Another experimental route is to increase development temperature to 41°C – 42°C since that temperature is closer to the ECN-2 development specification (Kodak’s ECN-2 Specifications).